My Family

My Family

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Huntsman visit #2

Yesterday was a looooong day! We were at Huntsman all day long, blood drawn multiple times for tests, met with a bunch of doctors, nurses, counsel ours, had my radiation mask made which was a smudge uncomfortable etc.  It was a little overwhelming and draining.  I start radiation today and next week I start infusions for 12 weeks, for the first level of treatment that isn't radiation. There are some side affects, depending once again how MY body reacts.  
It seems like I have a very long road ahead of me to try and find the combo of treatment that my body responds best to.  So it's on!!  Continued prayers are much appreciated.

The counselor afterwards was telling me ways to cope, or deal with this disease ( I honestly was NOT in the mood :), but I listened  and she said some good stuff.  She asked me if I believe in a religion or a higher power.  I didn't hear a word after that because my mind instantly thought that not only do I believe in a " higher power", I know that I have a Heavenly Father who know my name, loves me, is mindful of the trials I am going through, blesses me, comforts me with arms around me, sustains me through dark moments, etc.  I believe in family, and that no matter what happens, I have my family forever, what an amazing comfort.  I know that my Heavenly Father has put people in my life for RIGHT NOW!  I know that He has given me mercy, shown miracles and strengthened hundreds who are concerned with me and praying for me.  If I didn't believe what I believe or KNOW, this whole process would be a nightmare and scary.  It's not though, it's a trial that I have to get through with the help of my " higher power", my Father in Heaven.  I'm so grateful for that reality.  I love you all, thank you for your support, prayers, kind words and service.  It is truly AMAZIN!!!  We got this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment