My Family

My Family

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Angels among us?

I have had a topic on mind and some thoughts I wanted to share.  I started from a verse I read in the scriptures and the urge got stronger when a good family friend sent me a quote from Elder Holland:

“I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind.”
― Jeffrey R. Holland

In the past few weeks, a very short time with our new direction in life, we have felt the influences of Angels.  I know it's easy to write that off as people just helping, or maybe people feel sorry for us......I strongly disagree.  I am being lifted up, by divine love and strength.  I know that we are at a time and place in this life, in this moment, on purpose.  We have been aligned with amazing friends, families, loves ones.......all Angels!!  It's hard for me NOT to look to the heavens and wonder what is in store, what is this going to bring, why now, etc.  But I know that people have been placed in my path for a reason.  I cherish the spirit of love that we have felt.  I get emotional at the sacrifices people are making in behalf of me and m family.  Angels!  Please, look for the angels in your life and more importantly, become and Angel to someone else.  I know I couldn't do this without mine!!  I love you Angels!  We got this!!

3 comments:

  1. I love you. Thanks for your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, When you are going through treatment and all that comes with it, remember how many love you and your family. We are WITH YOU in this battle! Hugs to you and Brandy! Aunt LaVon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to share with you what a friend sent me this morning...

    I had a brain tumor about the size of a baseball removed from my brain stem about 15 years ago. I got some very similar words of wisdom that you posted on instagram (Elder Scott's quote). This whole thing with Tommy hits very close to home. I am permanently deaf in my right ear and most of the right side of my face is still numb, but after many, many MRI's I am still clean. I don't really tell just anyone this...I just wanted you to know why this is such a big deal to me. I am "all in" when it comes to this especially when it affects someone who I consider a close friend. I am one of the lucky ones and I count my blessings every day. I am rooting for Tommy to join me!!! Much love!"

    ReplyDelete