My Family

My Family

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Bath Time

I'm sure many of you are thinking that you don't really want to hear about bath time.......too bad! My wife and I were laughing pretty hard at how "low" you can feel when you don't have your "A" game.  Like, after my second surgery, they were kind enough to hook me up with a drain for the wound and tell me I can't shower or get it wet for 14 days or so.  First, I like me a shower, burning hot with all of my scented scrubs and shampoos, you know the good smelling stuff.  Second, I never, EVER miss a shower let alone be banned from it for two weeks.  As I was sitting in the tub last night, water about 3 inches high, holding my "grenade shaped drain", I looked at my wife like Kramer to Jerry: "Bathes Jerry, Bathes!" It wasn't a pretty sight....at all, but I loved that in the middle of a humiliating moment for me, I can still feel the unconditional love my wife has for me and turn it into a funny moment in our simple lives!

I also had a cat scan and a PET/CT scan today to determine other affected areas and to prepare for treatment.  We are on pins and needles for now, but I actually had a very peaceful few hours.  The tests are a little loud and it's a long wait and process, but I had a lot of time to think.  No TV, music, magazines, phone.....nothing.  I immediately thought about how blessed I am right now. I have been humbled and overwhelmed with love and support from friends, family, loved ones and even strangers who just want to help!  In a time when it could be very easy to be negative and in a world that seems so dark, I couldn't stop counting my blessings.  What I have, who I have. I am so fortunate to be where I am!  I have been bombarded with love! The power of prayer and the moving action of Love are real!  They are not "nice" ideas, I am being lifted up and I can't ever forget this, it is changing my life as we speak!! I don't know what the next days, weeks, months or years have in store, but I know I a going to be strong because of the love and kindness of people who care!  Thank you all!  WE GOT THIS!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Following your story and wishing you the best. I know it can't be easy. I love reading all about it...the good, the bad, and the ugly. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, Keep up the positive attitude!!! You are strong!! Keep eating a lot of dark green veggies, and greens!! I come from a family that has melanoma in our genes and I remember the day the Doc told me I had melanoma. It can be scary at times!! Keep smiling, laughing, and sharing with us your words of wisdom because through these times you are very inspired. We can all learn great things from you so thank you for setting up this blog and sharing (journaling) your experience with us. My prayers are with you and your family! Continue to love life, God, your family, and watch all the funny comedies you can and laugh as much as possible!! Your friend, Jake Morris

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you and are exercising our faith that the Lord will send His tender mercies upon you. You deserve them!!

    Zack and Kristen Collings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom and Brandy,

    Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Your positive attitude and testimony can be felt through your words. Still, we are so sorry that you have to face this trial. We love you and are sending many prayers your way.

    Love, The Shibas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom its been a minute since we have talked. But I just wanted you to know you are a strong guy and you will kick this. You are in my families prayers for you. And your family. We can't make your race we are living in vegas now but wish we could be there.


    James blackburn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom Henry, you made me laugh & cry at the same time! I love how much you and Brandy love each other. What an inspiration you both are to all of us. I love your sweet family. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I'm sad that it takes something like this to make us remember to appreciate the little things in life. You guys are amazing! You & your beautiful family are in my thoughts & prayers.

    Love, Ammie Hammond

    ReplyDelete