My Family

My Family

Sunday, June 2, 2013

I'm ready now!

I want to start off this entry by first thanking so many people who allowed my wife and I to get away for a night and then come back to an "upgraded" bedroom which feels so warm to be in.....my amazing family!  They have gone above and beyond the call!  Thank you and I love you!!!

While my wife and I were away for a night we had a chance to go to a movie.  This movie is not a box office explosion or well known, it's not one that many people will see.  As a matter of fact we saw it because it was the only one playing at the time we could go.  It's called Ephraim's Rescue.  It's a church movie and I'm so glad we went.  It's a story of a man who went to rescue one of the handcart company's that got caught in the winter.  It was so humbling to see what people went through to make my life better so many years later.  There was a scene that I loved, a group of men were assembled and were asked who could go help this company, men, woman, and children, caught in the snow.  One man strongly said " I can get prepared and be ready Thursday", another man said "I can be ready in 3 days", both very willing to go and very sincere.  However, Ephraim raised his hand and with amazing conviction said " Brother, I am ready NOW!"  It was strange the flood of emotion that came over we at that moment and as I write this now, am I ready now to help? To grow? To follow the right path? For hard things? For blessings?  If I were called right this minute to do something hard or inconvenient, would I say " I'm ready next Thursday", or do I stand, put everything aside and say " I'm ready NOW"?  I know that the past month I have had hundreds of people through their efforts, service, and love show me and my family that they are ready.....NOW!!  I'm so grateful for those people, who have made it a priority in there lives to be ready, who are looking for ways to serve, who put aside their own comforts to "be ready".  I want to be like so many of you, and I am determined to "get ready" for anything that I am called to do!!  Thank you all, I love you deeply!  We got this!!!

1 comment:

  1. Our stake just got back from a Trek last weekend and we had a great fireside tonight. There are so many lessons we can learn from those pioneer ancestors. I appreciated your insight and hope to see the movie this week (it's only in a few small theaters in Las Vegas this week) We are praying for you!

    Suzanne Young

    ReplyDelete