My Family

My Family

Monday, June 10, 2013

S.T.A.N.D.

A few years ago my amazing daughter blew me away with an idea where her and her friends wanted to set some very high goals that they had to really work and strive for to achieve.  They had categories of service, scripture study and memorization, temple attendance, service projects, etc.  The challenge was called S.T.A.N.D. Which means "Stay True And Never Doubt"!!  I loved it , they worked there tails off and I immediately saw a difference in my daughters attitude and personality, she was doing things that made her a better person, she was changing!  I was so proud of her and her friends and they were a huge example to many!!

I have thought of the STAND concept many, many times since then.  I have thought that with the garbage, heartache, pain, discouragement, etc, that this life throws at us,what if we all choose to STAND?? Stay True And Never Doubt?  Can we do this?  What does it even mean? First, Stay True. You can't stay anywhere, until to are already there.  To stay fit, you must get fit, to stay spiritual, you must get spiritual, to stay strong minded, you must get strong minded.  So, to Stay True, you just become true, find and keep standards, honor your name and your family name with integrity, take a stance, be a leader that doesn't falter......Stay True!!  Next, Never Doubt!  Wen you are true, and you are living that life, Never Doubt!!  Never doubt that people are watching and will help, never doubt that people want and need someone to follow, never doubt that you WILL be lifted in moments of pain and trial! Never doubt, that when the going gets rough, and you feel like your life is falling apart, you will be carried because you FIRST, chose to STAND!!!  It's easy for me to write this, because I have seen people STAND in my life and I have been touched and humbled!!  I have had individuals, with hard exteriors, STAND and tell me they love me and are sorry for my trials, I have looked into people's eyes where I could see they had so much pain in their own lives, smile at me with a melting smile and allowed me to feel their love, I have seen individuals STAND for me even financially, when I know that pennies are being pinched for them!  My perspective in life is different, life is fragile and my kids need people who they grow up watching do things that are pure and good!  We need to lift others if they can't STAND,  and stay with them until they can do it on there own, and once they can we find another, and lift them!  I can't express what my family has seen, felt,  and witnessed!  I am deciding to STAND!  Please, all of you amazing people in my corner, keep STANDING, the world is good because of you!  Let's STAND together, if a handful of 12 year old girls can do it, we all can!!!  S.T.A.N.D.!!!  I love you all!!  We got this!!

1 comment:

  1. Tommy every time I read your blog I'm so uplifted and my own testimony grows each time!! Your courage strength and the way you think have blessed my life so much!! You have never met me before but I know that I needed to hear your words each time you write on here. I'm amazed at your strength and because of your strength I KNOW YOU GOT THiS!!! I know Dan and Kelli and play volleyball with Lindsay. I will continue to keep you your family your sister in law in our prayers and go kick cancers butt!!

    ReplyDelete