My Family

My Family

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

UPDATE

Hello Everybody, I wanted to give a quick update.  I am currently in the middle of my 3rd round of infusion and 2nd round of chemo.  It is a little bit of a behind kicker! :) I am really tired and weak, any energy I have quickly leaves after a shower or a trip to the grocery store.  It's ok though, I'm willing to do what it takes to see the results I want.  Just like anything in life I guess!!  I had a visit with my radiation oncologist to discuss the results of my first MRI since I was diagnosed.  It went pretty well! For now, the number of masses have decreased and the Dr. was "very happy", (as happy as Doctors get,:) ) I have one more treatment for this round and some more tests coming up.  The full body scan results are the ones I'm praying for.  Fingers Crossed!  Once again, I want to thank everyone who have lifted my family.  Hundreds!!!  I pray for you all to be blessed, the love and help we have received has NOT gone unnoticed!

I have had a lot go through my mind the past few months, I read, I study, and I found a quote that I love.  It's small, but to the point.  It says: "No misfortune is so bad that whining about it won't make it worse"!  I absolutely love that!  I look back on the things I used to complain about, or make big deals about, or stress about, and to be honest, I'm a little embarrassed.  Life is meant to be lived with trials, heartache, challenges, difficulties, but not meant to complain about!! There is ALWAYS someone worse off than me.  There is always someone going through something I would never want to.  Let's all pocket the complaints for awhile and look to someone who needs a good word or compliment.  I have cancer, but I know so many people who have much more difficult things they are going through.  So if you hear me whine, smack me a little and wake me up, because I have blessings pouring down from heaven......we ALL do!  Thank you for your prayers, they are truly felt!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I need to pocket my complaints and reach out to help others. You are an inspiration to me through your posts. The "We Got This 5k" was so uplifting and I want to say, "Thank you," to all the people who organized and planned this wonderful event.

    ReplyDelete