My Family

My Family

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Do you love me?

The last little while has been a little frustrating health wise but awesome in other aspects of my life.  My last scans looked good, the disease is inactive.  I want to be clear what this means in my situation with my diagnosis. I have advanced stage lV melanoma, it will always stay that stage or worse and it will always be in my body. It's a " ninja" cancer as my doctor put it.  We don't know how it got there, we don't know where it sometimes goes, and the scary part, we don't know when it will come back, and how aggressively.  So, I TRY to live life with a smile, and a positive attitude about what's ahead for our little family.  Not knowing if you got into a certain college, or not knowing if you got the job, is so stressful!  Not knowing how long you have to live is without description.  I am committed to being a better person NO MATTER WHAT!  That's all I can do.  I need your prayers, I need your faith.  I'm living the miracle that all of you created for me, it wasn't supposed to happen like this but faith and miracles are real!!  The past few months we have followed families who have lost loved ones to cancer.  Some I know, others I didn't.  I'm amazed at the strength of the family unit that allowed these amazing individuals to lift someone who lost there soul mate, eternal companion, sweetheart, Daddy, son, brother, whatever.  It gives me hope, that if I'm called home early, I have a family that can lift my wife and kids, so that we will without a doubt reunite in the kingdom of Heaven!!  I'm inspired by you special people who have suffered tremendous loss!!!

When the Savior was crucified and resurrected, he left his disciples alone.  They asked, " what do we do now"? They decided to go back to fishing.  They struggled, heard a voice.  Peter lept from the boat and ran to shore.  The Master asked Peter, "do you love me more than all of this"? Peter answered, " yeah lord thou knowest  I love thee"! Two more times the Savior asked two more times Peter replied,  then the Savior asked "then why are we here on this same shore, by these same boats, having this same conversation, wasn't it clear then and isn't it clear now if I want fish I can get fish?  What I need are disciples and I need them forever, I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me!"  I love this exchange because I substitute Peters name for mine.  "Tom, do you love me?" My answer is YES!!!! And I don't know how long I have to live, but I will do whatever I can for as long as I can to prove it, the crowning characteristic of love is loyalty!! Loyal to his name, words, church, and everything he lived for!!  My friends and family and supporters, "do you love him?"  Thank you for your amazing support and love!  Till we meet again!!! We got this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment