My Family

My Family

Sunday, December 21, 2014

I Love Christmas

Well, I'm back!! It's been a little while but I need to post something, especially with all the amazing things I have gone through and of course, it's Christmas!!! I first want to tell everyone who follows my family and has prayed, fasted, donated, emailed, called, and just loved us, Thank You!! One thing I have tried to do but know that I cannot do, is express how grateful I am to have so many amazing people in my corner!!  I truly love all of you!

I had scans the Monday before thanksgiving and they came back strong.  What I mean is, there is no sign of active disease.  Although I will always be labeled as a "advanced stage IV patient, I've decided I'm ok with that because I'm strong, healthy and happy.  My oncologist is awesome and to this day can't really explain what happened.  He has used my story with other patients and at conferences he goes to.  He is humble enough to know it's not just him and I'm blessed enough to know that my doctor is an instrument in the Lords hands!  The next two years will determine a lot for the longevity of my life.  It's interesting something I heard from my man Ben Henry, someone I love, and appreciate, although we don't have the exact same religious beliefs, he's a great man.  He is an owner at Mt. Ogden Crossfit and they have supported me from day one.  When my sister told a few people at the gym that my scans were clean again, he said " of course they are, he has been healed !" I get emotional because of his faith.  He believes I was completely healed, and it's because of him and hundreds and hundreds of faithful people like him, I have been healed, maybe only for another two years, 10 years or 50 years,  or maybe forever, who knows.  But as of  right now, I AM healed!!

I love this Christmas.  We have decided to do a lot of things different this year, a little more mellow with decorations and presents, etc. we have been lucky enough to have friends want the same thing........help more, serve more.  It's been an amazing experience for myself, my wife, and my kids.  We are feeling the true meaning of Christmas!  My wife also wanted her and I to study more about the Savior during the weeks leading up to Christmas so we could appreciate His life much more.  One of my favorite parts of the New Testament is obviously the example of our Savior, but specifically after he had fasted forty days and had been temped by satan.  Surely the Savior was tired, hungry, thirsty, and physically and spiritually fatigued after this ordeal.  The scriptures say angels ministerd unto him, but through modern day revelation we learn that, he knew that John the Baptist was cast into prison, so he sent angels to minister to John!  This is how I want to be.  Selfless. Pure love. Humble.  Through the past year and a half I have been able to TRY and be better, serve more, and love more!

I'm doing well!! I want all of you to know that we can do hard things!!! We can get through anything, as a matter of fact, a lot more than we think we can.  Fight, whatever it is you are struggling with, please fight, believe and be happy!  I love you all and I love your support, friendships and faith!  We Got this!!  Until we meet again........Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment